The Faberge Jewelry Workshop is a kind of small jewelry empire in which several generations of Faberge worked. It began in 1842, when Gustav Faberge, a native of the Estonian city of Pärnu, opened a store "Gold and Diamond Things" in St. Petersburg. The excellent training that the children Karl and Agathon received helped to develop in them a refined perception of beauty, which subsequently made their works the standard of jewelry art.
Faberge's principle was that no product was repeated twice, and if the customer begged to create a copy, the master would still try to make changes, surpass the previous product in beauty. This constant race for more and more magnificent results, daily self-improvement quickly elevated the House of Faberge to the ranks of the greatest jewelers of their time, who were recognized not only in Russia, but also in Europe and America.